A Yoga Sequence to Reduce Stress
In need of an at-home yoga sequence to help you reduce your stress levels? This latest yoga sequence is designed to soothe a tired-but-wired nervous system and to calm those feelings of overwhelm and unease.
The great thing about practicing at home is that you are not tied in to a studio schedule and can practice WHEN you need, whether that be first thing in the morning before heading to work, or last thing at night before dropping into bed. Either way this sequence is designed to help you feel rested, soothed and clear-headed.
In addition, this short 20-minute practice will specifically:
– decrease tightness and gripping in common zones of tension such as the shoulders, hamstrings and hips
– improve diaphragmatic breathing through constructive rest and crocodile pose which in turn switches on the body’s natural relaxation response
– promote better circulation to the digestive organs (an area where many of us ‘feel’ our stress!)
– invite restoration, grounding and a sense of calm through supported forward bends
– gently enliven you if fatigue is present through gentle energising inversions and supported backbends
– create more mobility and stability in the spine – particularly useful if you’ve been sitting in front of a computer for too long!
Don’t forget to breathe deeply and smoothly throughout and end your practice with at least 2-5 minutes in final relaxation/corpse pose to seal in and save the benefits of your practice physically, mentally and energetically.